Subject : Cockburn School
Specialities : Music
What do you enjoy most about teaching?
- I enjoy that everyday is different.
- The job is so varied so it keeps you on your toes.
- I also enjoy that you can see the difference in students from when you start teaching them to when they leave.
What is your top tip for new trainees?
- Be prepared! Plan correctly and have everything ready - this will mean that you will be much more confident when teaching your lesson.
Why should trainees choose your subject?
- Music has the ability to inspire even the most challenging students. In the words of Hans Christian Anderson - “where words fail, music speaks”
Why your school? What are the unique selling points?
- We are a school with performing arts specialism which means that we have excellent resources and are well equipped for the arts.
- We have a large performing arts team who are extremely supportive and will push you to be the best you can be.
- We fully believe in our ethos of ‘transformation to excellence” and look forward to supporting you on your journey to excellence.