Entry Requirements for all Leeds SCITT Courses
An honours degree at a classification of 2:2 or above (if you are in your final year at University you should have a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade).
Your degree should be relevant to the subject you want to teach but if your degree is not directly related we will look at your A-level qualifications.
GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
All applicants who are offered places on our courses will need to pass the QTS skills tests in English and Maths and all relevant DBS checks will be undertaken.
We recommend applicants to have secondary school experience in mainstream education which includes some observation of teaching and learning in your chosen subject. As a minimum we would encourage 5 days experience and we welcome school visits from potential applicants. If you would like to visit one of our partnership schools please contact us directly.
How to Apply
What we see in successful applications and interviews
- Have a proactive and reflective approach to their own development
- Genuinely desire to support young people and help them succeed
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and engage with young people
- Have a great love and enthusiasm for their subject
- Are organised and can manage time and competing priorities
- Are innovative and willing to try new ideas