Is teaching is for you?
It’s a huge decision, one could almost say it is life changing; is teaching for you? How do you really know before you embark on applications and study? All the academic learning and exams only to find that when you are on the other side of the desk, stood alone in front of 25 – 30 young people you don’t want to be there.
At Leeds SCITT all our secondary initial teacher training courses offer both QTS and a Professional Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) (FHEQ Level 6).
Our training offers in school placement with subject relevant leading schools via school direct places; this means you get to have practical teaching experience and are supported throughout with highly qualified and experienced mentors.
We have a wide range of courses to suit many graduates’ diverse skills offering a full Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
Here are some great reasons for becoming a teacher:
- You learn something new every day
- No 2 days are the same
- Teaching makes a visible difference you can see
- You have more than just a job – you will interact on different levels each day
- Career prospects are long-term with great career opportunities
- Teaching is a highly social job working as an independent leader and as a member of a team
- Highly qualified teachers are always in demand and there is flexibility within the role when your circumstances change
- Hard work in term time but excellent holidays throughout the year
- Teachers can work all over the world
If any of the above appeal to you, then you should contact us for a chat to talk about how teaching could be the life changer you are looking for.