Why Choose Leeds SCITT
Teaching can be an extremely rewarding career - the more passionate and accomplished you are as a teacher, the more likely your future students will achieve their full potential.
At Leeds SCITT we are fully committed to delivering a high standard of teacher training. That’s why over 97% of our candidates go on to achieve outstanding or very good teacher status giving them a strong competitive edge when applying for new teaching positions.
As one of the longest running SCITT providers in West Yorkshire, we’ve helped over 300 students to achieve fantastic results, gaining employment in schools with a starting salary of £22,467 or more. Also over 92% of our trainees last year were employed before the start of first term in September.
What Ofsted Says about Our PGCE Courses and Training
“A positive climate for training and mentoring where all members of the partnership are fully committed to its success.”
“A well-designed and flexible programme structure that facilitates a strong sense of teamwork and support amongst both current and past trainees.”
What You Can Expect to Gain from the Course
- Individualised training and support with low trainee to tutor ratios
- Work with outstanding teachers who have recognised expertise in their fields
- In-classroom help and advice from established secondary school teachers
- Full access to teaching and training resources
- Full access to ICT facilities and specialist teaching equipment
- Experience and training of working within some of the most highly regarded secondary schools within the Leeds area
Skills You Will Develop
- How to plan and deliver inspirational lessons, engaging all pupils
- A knowledge of how to use a variety of tools for differentiation
- How to map progress
- How to deal with children with SEN or those with English as an Additional Language within our lessons
- How to effectively manage behaviour
What You Will Achieve at the end of the Course
- Fully Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with 60 Masters credits
Have Questions About Your Course? Contact One of Our Specialist Tutors Today